In and Around
• Bangalore International Airport- 36 kms
• Bangalore City Railway Station-4.5 kms
• Bangalore Cantonment Railway Station-3.6 kms
Places of Interest around The Chancery Hotels. (The Chancery and Chancery Pavilion)
1. Cubbon Park: Cubbon Park is situated in the heart of the city of Bangalore, sprawling across 250 acres. In addition to its natural beauty, there are well maintained Rose Gardens, Children’s Amusement Park, Aquarium House and a Public Library. In the near vicinity are also Vishweshwariah Technological Museum and Venkatappa Art Gallery. The park was founded in the year 1864 and named after Sir Mark Cubbon, the then commissioner of Bangalore. This lush green patch is very close to The Chancery, and it is a paradise for seekers of natural tranquility.
2. Rotary Club, Lavelle Road: The Rotary Club is truly a melting pot of ideas, innovations and interesting cultures as well. It has been in existence for the past 17 years, and is involved in various community service projects.
3. Kanteerava Indoor Stadium: Kanteerva Stadium is the venue for hard core training sessions for many national and state sports teams and also hosts international tournaments. The stadium can accommodate around 4000 people and has three basketball courts (one being indoor), a football field, a volleyball court and a pro-synthetic athletics track. Abuzz with activity, it also holds trade shows, so even if you aren’t interested in sports, watch out for some great sales here.
4. The British Council Library: Located along with the British Deputy High Commission in the ‘lung’ area of Bangalore, the British Library is in close proximity to Cubbon Park. It has excellent connectivity to rest of the city through Metro, buses and other means of public transport. Marked by serene green surroundings, it caters to the needs of the working professionals in the Silicon Valley of India, offering facilities for both professional learning and leisure reading. The Library is also popular with all artistically-inclined Bangaloreans, who like to spend stimulating evenings at book reading sessions, enjoy and participate in talks by authors and like-minded literati. This is at stone’s throw from both The Chancery and The Chancery Pavilion.
5. UB City: UB City is the tallest structure in Karnataka till date, and is touted as the first Luxury Mall in India. It is a joint development venture between the UB Group and the Prestige Group. Located in the CBD ( Central Business District) of Bangalore this beautiful and charming shopping mall is on Vittal Mallya Road- which is within 3kms radius from The Chancery and The Chancery Pavilion both. The biggest highlight of UB City is the lower three levels of Concorde and Canberra Block, which constitutes the Retail area, aptly named as The Collection. The title of India’s first luxury mall is apt, considering the fact that brands like Rolex, Burberry, Canali, Louis Vitton and Jimmy Choo all vie for your attention here, and are all available under one roof.
6. Lal Bagh: Spread over 240 acres of landscaped terrain, the expansive Lalbagh Gardens were laid out in 1760 by the famous Mysore ruler, Hyder Ali. It is a veritable storehouse of amazing centuries-old trees, and claims to have the world's most diverse species of plants. You can take a guided tour with Bangalore Walks , in an eco-friendly buggy, or otherwise just stroll around at your own pace. On weekends you'll see health-conscious locals jogging and playing badminton all over the park. This is again very near to The Chancery.